I want to go faster.

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By tomjasz
Hub ba HUBBA!
Attachments
e scooter.jpg
By maurtis
Isn't that just a standard 9C/MXUS hub motor radially spoked? The 9C on my wife's bike looks just like it.
By tomjasz
Dunno but I'm tipping on the idea a a large push bike with to much motor. This one is a little to small but I'm engrossed by it.

I may do something like it with my crappy frame. It's a s350 with the brake brake weld on on TOP of the farm tube. They changed the weld on soon after. The angle makes for suchky brake having a weird cable angle making the rear brake suchk even more. It make be a good base for a hub motor scooter. Sadlk the seat bracket is a bogus design and weld too. At least for a 200lb old kid like me. :lol:
By robnewyork
my 1500 watt brushless would smoke that motor , its for sale too for half that price.. and aiden has already made a bracket for it.
By tomjasz
I have adapters. I like your motor, but these are very different beasts. I like the DD no chain idea too. Notice I wrote TOO. I've broken, sprained, scarred, and twisted more bones, joints, and limbs than you have birth years grasshopper. :lol:
By Dieseled
I looked at one of those s350s a while ago, it did have a hole in the front fork where i thought i could have mounted a front brake. the seats a little tougher without welding, or those beefy bars that support the rear deck on my 2 curries . a fiberglass / wood solution might work (but its stinky).
By tomjasz
Front brake was no problem. I just have to drive over to the LBS and pick it up. Three of mine were free for picking up. That made me like them.
By Dieseled
definitely leaves a better budget for improvements. sometimes when i look at these, poor design choices, i forget that these were intended to be under powered kids toys but still, a solo rear band brake? what were they thinking? thats not enough stopping power for a hill, even with no motor. best first mod, adding a front brake :lol:
By tomjasz
robnewyork wrote:a disc brake to be specific

Why? I've found that decent pad s in a decent mechanism stop every bit as well as cheap discs. Not meant to be argumentation, just unimpressed by low end discs. Kool Stop pads made a HUGE difference in stopping power. The one reason I might look at a disc conversion it winter riding. there is NO good winter pad. I've tried 4 compounds. No one compounds material for winter riding. SUCKS!
By robnewyork
i almost killed a friend on an e200 doing 40 mph , thats why.when the controller failed, basic brakes stand no chance.
Voltage boost 24 -> 36v on the fly

Nah, thought about running another controller and […]