I want to go faster.

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

Hi Guys;

I'm new to the Electric Scooter game, I mostly use mine to commute around Gibraltar, the short distances and low traffic speeds makes for perfect scooting.

I've lost a cell in my Lead Acid battery, and am (obviously) considering upgrading this to a Li-Ion one. I would also like to upgrade my 1000W motor to a 1500W brushless one (I think we can all see where this is going)...

So, prior to jumping right in a buying a load of parts that won't work together, I'd like to get your input on a few things:

(please note that shipping from US is prohibitively expensive, so I'm sourcing parts from this side of the world).

Would this package: http://goo.gl/IFtnnO
Work with this battery: http://goo.gl/mBvUpP

Thanks in Advance!

battery description is very vague,is it lipo,lifepo4, lithium polymer ...i just sold that motor to uncle d for 90 shipped,i think 190 is too much when there are insane options in that range ,,, and seeing as how u havent even pushed your 1000watt motor you already have i would do that first , u may be in for a surprised how fast your scoot could be with the stock motor.we also source from china , because retailers here are greedy.. id run the yk42-4s 66amp controller at 48v with 4 12ah batteries, so 33 percent top speed gain and double the acceleration./and pretty cheap, about $145 shipped.or for stupid wheelies and blinding takeoff id run the yk43b (39.99 from china) and 3 18ah batteries(105bux) and have unreal acceleration , same top speed , and potentially fry the 1000watt motor on a longer trip..
robnewyork wrote:battery description is very vague,is it lipo,lifepo4, lithium polymer ...i just sold that motor to uncle d for 90 shipped,i think 190 is too much when there are insane options in that range ,,, and seeing as how u havent even pushed your 1000watt motor you already have i would do that first , u may be in for a surprised how fast your scoot could be with the stock motor.we also source from china , because retailers here are greedy.. id run the yk42-4s 66amp controller at 48v with 4 12ah batteries, so 33 percent top speed gain and double the acceleration./and pretty cheap, about $145 shipped.or for stupid wheelies and blinding takeoff id run the yk43b (39.99 from china) and 3 18ah batteries(105bux) and have unreal acceleration , same top speed , and potentially fry the 1000watt motor on a longer trip..
Sound awesome! Any links?
Re: Bladez 450S XTR s upgrade

So excited! Found a way to earn an extra $160 to p[…]