I want to go faster.

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By ekroliko
Hi everyone, i'm trying to set up my razor quad to run 36v. I've gotten the 36v controller, throttle, charger, charger port all set up. connected the batteries and when i flip the on/off switch the inline fuse blows. i took it to a local scooter shop and they say the 24v motor wont handle the 36v power and that's popping the inline fuse. Doesnt make sense to me.

any ideas??
By zen_racer
ekroliko wrote:I've gotten the 36v controller, throttle, charger, charger port all set up. connected the batteries and when i flip the on/off switch the inline fuse blows.

you probably already dbl checked the connections so can you post a pic or two of the setup?
By codeman
You are correct, the explanation that the shop gave you makes no sense. You must have something wired wrong. If you have a 30A controller that can handle 36V then turning the power switch on would never, ever blow the fuse unless it is wired wrong. Check the connections. Here is a quick sketch of what it should be.

36Vbattery.png
36Vbattery.png (11.6 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
By jabquad
I am looking to do the same thing. I am going to order 3 12v 12ah batteries, the controller and throttle kit for the MX500, and the charger. my biggest question is do I need to get the charging port for the MX500 since it is 36v, and will it plug into the same harness that the stock charging port uses? thanks
By zen_racer
jabquad wrote:my biggest question is do I need to get the charging port for the MX500 since it is 36v, and will it plug into the same harness that the stock charging port uses?

you need to match the charger plug to the charging port and pay attention to male/female. i think the quad has the 3-pin inline port whereas the MX500 stock charger uses the 3-pin XLR plug.

so a couple of options here... check out this link for additional detail:

http://www.electricscooterparts.com/bat ... ctors.html

1) swap out the charging port harness to match the charger. ESP carries all the styles so you can check out the pics for comparison.

2) buy an XLR to inline adapter... there's a few in the link above too. i have both styles, inline to XLR and XLR to inline, very convenient to have on hand!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]