Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

i'm in the middle of a few builds so it was easy enough to take a few pics showing how to connect a yiyun or similar cheapo controller...hope this helps!

here's a 36v 800w YK31C hooked up with everything but the battery pack:

EDIT - i don't use the brake cutoff function and none of my razors have a brake light, so i've cut and sealed those connectors from this controller to free up space in a cramped battery compartment :)

- toggle switch is hooked up to the lock connector
- stock razor charge port is hooked up to the charger connector
- 3-wire throttle hooked up to "to put" or "derailleur" connector
- 36v voltmeter hooked up to "indicator" connector (i just ran the bare leads from the voltmeter for this picture only. in use i would be using terminals with a white male connector)

Last edited by zen_racer on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

here's another variation with the same controller hooked up to the stock razor switch:

- 3rd wire from the charger port connector goes to the switch, allowing the switch to light up when turned ON. the switch will still function if you leave the 3rd wire disconnected but it will not light up when turned ON

here's another variation with the same controller using a 4-wire 36v twist throttle with built in battery meter:

- match up three of the throttle wires to the throttle connector, then test for functionality
- the 4th throttle wire gets its own connector and is lined up with the red/positive terminal on the "indicator" connector
- the 4th wire is an optional connection. in this case the wire happens to be yellow but the color may vary

well done sir, i generally do not like the new guys using the 2 pole factory switch because it confuses them to no end.And for those who want to do all factory plastics the best graveyard is the old stock controller. On the yk43b or yk42-4 i always hardwired everything because the factory plastics would literally burn up from heat.. For the generic 30amps, nothing will burn up but its easier to track wires when you still have the plastics labeled.good wiring diagram to refer people back to
Any chance do you know how to hook up 5 wire throttle into 6 wire mx650 controller?

It is odd one of the black wires is a ground and a little thicker so not sure if that needs to go directly to battery or something?
20160428_181854.jpg
20160428_181854.jpg (29.7 KiB) Viewed 10135 times
20160428_181843.jpg
20160428_181843.jpg (173.24 KiB) Viewed 10135 times
a few online shops have them:

http://www.electricscooterparts.com/whi ... ctors.html
http://wildscooterparts.com/universal-p ... ctors.html

motors use the bigger connectors (for 6.3mm terminals) and the connectors are usually sold in pairs (male/female). if you want just the connectors and not the terminals, i've only been able to buy them on ebay.

another good source for me is salvaging the connectors from smoked or bad controllers :idea:
hey Quinc sorry for the late reply - yes the Razor controllers are wired differently than the Yiyun. it can be risky if wired incorrectly (the controller will be fried) so i usually wire the switch directly to the controller connector.

if its a lighted switch, this usually means it'll work but the light won't be on when the switch is on...
zen_racer wrote:here's another variation with the same controller hooked up to the stock razor switch:

- 3rd wire from the charger port connector goes to the switch, allowing the switch to light up when turned ON. the switch will still function if you leave the 3rd wire disconnected but it will not light up when turned ON

if the pic isnt clear or more detail is needed please let me know...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]