Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By zpaisley
I bought 2 mx500's a month ago at Walmart. They were purchased to just play ride around our community (no gas powered vehicles besides cars). I come from a racing background in motocross and auto racing. I have always enjoyed the most powerful vehicles I could get my hands on. This little mx500 just didn't cut it in the torque department, so I posted a plea for help on here and had a great conversation with robnewyork. I was not sure of the direction I wanted to take so I put the project on hold. After browsing hundreds of videos on youtube about electric bikes and scooters I thought to myself, hhmm I wonder if I could mount an r/c motor into the bike and if it will move. I fell in love with the Castle Creations line up of motors for r/c cars and ordered their 1/5 scale 2028 motor with a rated output of up to 10 hp in an r/c. I received the motor and the plans just sort of happened. I just put something together to see if it would work.

Parts list:

Castle Creations 2028 motor
Castle Creations xl2 esc
2 revtech 6900mah 4s 100c continious Lipo battery packs
Turnigy servo tester
12 tooth 1.5mod pinion gear
58 tooth 1.5mod spur gear
11 tooth front sprocket
80 tooth rear sprocket
1/2 inch aluminum rod for drive
2- 1/2 inch flange bearings
2- 3/8 thick aluminum plates for mounting

First test ride proved that it would atleast move me. During the first test ride I sheared my 1/4-20 bolt holding the larger spur gear onto the gear reduction shaft.

After afew days re-designing, the bike was ready to go and did a few small pulls to just see what would happen. After about five minutes I got a little wild with the throttle and it wheelied and threw me off. I blew out my left knee from the incident.

Video of the incident

Short video of small pull up to 80% throttle.

The bike now sits in pieces awaiting a complete re-design. New build consists of a second 2028 motor, 4 more lipo packs, and a WHEELIE BAR. Lol

jesus this thing is gonna be fast man, a second motor??? ur gonna have a really cheap sport bike on ur hands that will dust a normal dirtbike.please stay on the forum , and keep us abreast on matters, rc tecnology is moving way faster than scooter tecnology , just google nic case for those who dont know.
whats the top speed, i see that x-o1 thing can hit some pretty insane speeds out the box, when my friends were into rc in the 90s , we thought 60 on a long straight was insane , batteries sucked as did the nitros, now its a different game.
By zpaisley
with the upgraded pinion it should easily hit 75mph in a short stretch. The x-01 is ok but not for me. To small of a motor for me.lol. Yes, r/c development has really stepped up in these past few years. I'm only 26, but have been tinkering with r/c's, dirtbikes, atvs, go-carts etc since I was 4. I got into machining and then I started making some pretty wild creations. I made an co2 powered mountain bike using a pneumatic rotary actuator and reed switches. It had so much torque that it would snap a chain if the rider weighed more than 140lbs. Then I made an oxy-acytelene powered go cart, a duct fan powered razor kick scooter,etc etc the list goes on. I like to tinker and make creations that I have never seen before.
i also do machining, some pretty crappy welding , etc etc.. made a 500 lb draw crossbow from a leaf spring, a AA battery gun ,several full auto bb guns and god knows what else. the list goes on.i have too many ideas for one lifetime, oh well.trying to land an mx500 this saturday , ive had most other models, its a shame razor only makes things with kiddy power and they use crappy unite motors with soo many other options.
By zpaisley
*UPDATE*
Second 2028 motor has been ordered along with different pinion gears and lipo batteries. Gearing will now allow to over 60 mph yet keeping the same acceleration. New bearing setup and motor mounting is being machined as we speak. Keep posted for updates!!!! I'm just not sure this chain will handle the additional power..... it already snapped 3 masterlinks.. Maybe bigger chain and sprockets are in order!!!!!
By robnewyork
had a cool idea u may hate but i thought was funny. kids cant really drive , but u can and have experience in rc,..
run a castle through the jackshaft on a razor dune buggy which gives u roughly 11-93 gearing , then wire for an rc controller which u may already have.. strap the kid in , and scare his diapers full!!!!!!!! u drive , the kids in for the ride , a stripped dune buggy only weighs about 40 lbs minus batteries and motor btw not much bigger than a 1/5th scale rc
By zpaisley
Robnewyork,yes I am currently fabricating a wheelie bar. With the amount of torque my gear reduction is putting out, snapping the chain is fairly easy. That's another reason I did not exceed 83% throttle yet. Haha. Everything is being reworked with 4 flange bearings instead of two,Two heavier duty pinions
By zpaisley
I actually thought about making a rc out of one, however my daughter is two and I really don't want to injury her. I sustained a major knee injury in the video above in which I am now wearing a knee brace, crutches, and doctor got nearly 40cc of blood out of my left knee. So I'm taking the time to build the bike up more powerful,and dangerous than before. Lol
By zpaisley
Yeah it ate through 3 masterlinks already. It just snaps the circlip then the whole thing gets flung in the air. Lol
By zpaisley
Bike is currently being parted out. I will have the stock 500 gear, frame etc.

Here is a video taken yesterday in the deep silt.

if only pit bike guys knew how much faster this is than ur average minibike or 100cc 4 stroke ( i didnt say 2 stroke but def 4 stroke)
im shocked u didnt ebay for 1000 plus frieght shipping, im upset no one else will ever ride the beast
By zpaisley
I still may ebay it. Being as nobody wants my parts. Lol. The bike is back together now so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Ugh I don't want to sell it but on to different projects. Even if I got $850 I'd sell it. Lol
dude ebay it , starting bid, 850 , links to youtube , explain its 13 hp and dangerous to drive , and set the frieght whrere they look it up and get quote.a dam stock one is 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao.. almost done with mine , what a great chassis , id go for more power but after the kart i just need something smooth and reliable , plus id need wheelie bars to be as fast as my kart build.. ebay it , list for full 10 days , and kickback... when the know the motor and bike cost 730 retail alone , they will see this is no joke
By zpaisley
Thanks robnewyork. Yeah it is a pretty solid chassis! It held the power and didn't flinch...even after weakening the swingarm for the gear reduction axle. Yours looks good. I will say that stock they hold up amazingly. I took my wife's stock one all around the coal pits I rode mine at and that thing pulled up some crazy hills....slow...but still made it. Lol. Yes I will list it on ebay. I just don't know if someone will really pay that much for this bike. I mean it's fast and very powerful but for what it is....it's worth more parted out. The motor and controller alone go for over $300 used. Each battery was almost $200 each. I have 4. Lol. Adding it all up makes me sick. Lol
yep mines miles above stock , does 21 to 22 and soo smooth and fast and i weigh 170.. ur is made fro 400 lbs riders,and ur parts are soo pricey... my kart pushd 8000 watts or so and the fact u rode 10000 watts on a bike is just plain insane.The ride is soo smooth on mx500, no wonder razor usa asks so much , its cool. i cant see riding one stock, mine hits 22 instantly, but i dont want more power after seeing urs , sorry not being mean , it just scared me , i do manual labor and cant afford bad wheelies.not that i lack the skills to make one that does 50mph.If IF IF , you apploed the castle to a kart chassis you could shock the world , no wheelies just blinding 0-30 ,if u rode my kart ud poop, its insane.but with rc stuff ud be even lighter.As for 2 wheels, u built the fastest accelerating vehicle on either forum, that u can take to the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@ Obviously 4 wheel karts have an advantage
in summmation, that castle motor freaks me out , stupid power, just stupid, no wonder nic case can do 188.i think u shocked this forum as much if not more than my industrial revolution... stock scooter motors suck , and thats held the forum back for 5 yrs.
By zpaisley
Software is the electronic speed control. For castle...they have there own data logging software. It's very nice.
Re: Bladez 450S XTR s upgrade

So excited! Found a way to earn an extra $160 to p[…]

MX500 48v 2kW BLDC build

its this motor, 48v 2000w: https://www.aliexpress[…]