Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By gakarl
So Robnewyork is a standup enthusiast and passed on his mx500 from the streets of queens onto me in the sunshine state. All it cost me was $20 in gas. I finally got this thing off the floor and up in the air. Christmas is not the right time to start a project. Its so hard to justify spending money on toys for myself. So if anyone wants to sell a reasonably priced industrial motor at a steal of a deal ;-) or better yet donate a nice one this project is gonna have to wait for maybe jan 1 to get started. Maybe I will get some Christmas socks and underwear I can return for some project money.
IMG_2837111.jpg
IMG_2837111.jpg (263.37 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
IMG_2839.JPG
IMG_2839.JPG (233.88 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
IMG_2838.JPG
IMG_2838.JPG (284.6 KiB) Viewed 2547 times

So I did get some 12volt 18ah batteries and a china controller in the mail. Only took two weeks from asia heading into Christmas rush. At least it give me something to start tinkering with...
IMG_2841.JPG
IMG_2841.JPG (256.84 KiB) Viewed 2547 times

By Saintmythi
what do you think a little .5 or .75?
By maurtis
Still loving the paint job Rob did, glad he could find a loving home for the MX. Have a blast with it!
By gakarl
Saintmythi wrote:what do you think a little .5 or .75?
Got a good one u wanna sell? Of course I'd like to go .75 but it just depends on price.
By gakarl
What size chain is this? In sure all these razors use the same size diff lengths of course.
By maurtis
If it is the stock chain size, that would be a #25 chain.
By robnewyork
yes its 25 pitch , and thanks for the post, he had to detour about 2 hrs from ur neck of the woods maurtis, that .75 industial would be best at 105 bux shipped, but surely as i know not the time to be blowing money on hobbies.Mythi has several industrials but i think all in use.. ill link u if i see something , dont bother with unite, wait for taxes , thats what im doin right now..
By gakarl
I'm paying taxes this year. Don't remind me.
By gakarl
Where do the have the controller in this thing. Just curious... Under the seat or near the batteries?
By robnewyork
no controller on it, the kelly was mounted to the chaingaurd which was sold to diyer
By gakarl
Oh dude that sounds bad @$$. I will have to look them up and check it out.
By robnewyork
it is , but the yk43 b is actually faster for 40 shipped(ironic ), now if u do the 400 amp kelly, different ballgame..id do the yk, the fish industrial and 3 18 ah batteries and have a nice 25 mph cruiser that will climb any hill.or wall for that matter
By gakarl
I'm so tempted to throw this controller and these three bats in the Betty in the mean time.
By robnewyork
go ahead , if u kill the betty motor they are cheap anyway, and man u will have a f---king blast@@@@@@@@@
By gakarl
I got the bats and controller in the mx last night after a good buzz. I'm watching the industrial for now I will wait and bid when it's almost over.
By gakarl
Omg I love me some zip ties. The perfect stocking stuffer. The bigger the better!
IMG_2861.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG (123.68 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
Rob I have to ask, where the fat did these black wires go? lol I was thinking it was probably cosmetic rustic look. Right? JK :)
IMG_2861.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG (123.68 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
Attachments
IMG_2862.JPG
IMG_2862.JPG (109.22 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
By gakarl
Just got back from another week in Tx, hoping to get some time in finishing up the MX tomorrow. Got the 750v motor and volt meter in. Does the volt meter just go to the positive and negative in the battery chain like the charger wires do? What is the minimum on a 3-12v 18ah 36volt setup I should allow the voltage to run and what is usually max charge voltage? I need to install a plug for a wall charger and safer for the kids to charge it.
IMG_2881.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG (313.78 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
By maurtis
Usually 10.5V per battery is considered safely dead, but I usually stick closer to 11V. Fully charged, you should see anywhere between 12.8V and 13.4V per battery. Most of mine tend to hover right around 13.0V, but sometimes get slackers and super heroes.

The volt meter should hook up similarly to a charger, but you want one end to be connected to a switch or breaker so it is not always on and drawing juice.
By robnewyork
my post is gone, i explained the meter wiring and the fact that motor fits in stock mounting location, keep the bracket for future industrial.
By gakarl
robnewyork wrote:my post is gone, i explained the meter wiring and the fact that motor fits in stock mounting location, keep the bracket for future industrial.
omg I realized this after monkeying with the chain like 50 times when I had the 750 motor strapped to the braket. I looked at my kids sx500's and thought that 750 looks like it might mount up stock. But here is another thought... mount a second 750 in the stock location and run dual 750 motors.... thoughts... maybe at 48volts?
By gakarl
So I got Rob's MX project motor installed this past two weeks. Man has xmas kept me busy. We also got two new SX500's for the kids at a great deal new so the old lady made me buy them. :) I wasn't gonna argue, just fuel the obsession... :)
bike 2.JPG
bike 2.JPG (129.83 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
bike 2.JPG
bike 2.JPG (129.83 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
So I got the 750 in Rob's bike. Runs good, just wish I would of realized sooner I could of just probably used the stock braket. So I had to shim the motor to tighten the chain which is a major pain in the buttocks on these bikes. Why might you ask, the darn rear axel mount is bottom to the frame... not like any motorcycle I ever worked which slide into the frame from the rear and allows for more chain adjustment. So I am whining anyway seems like a cheap more by razor to keep the frame tighter and safer for kids to avoid law suits...

Looks awesome and runs great now. The brakes are a bit scary :) but just stop sooner... Love the bigger wheels of the 650 frame, I can tell a big diff from the smaller wheels on the 500's. My kids LOVE this bike. OMG after they rode the 500's for a few hours they climbed on the 750 and were loving it. I am gonna need a 50cc next xmas. The best part is my daughter is the best dare devil on this thing. She is small so she looks like a jokey on a horse hugging those neighbor hood street curves. Scary sometimes... but also very cool!

The garage took this biggest hit this year, it looks like a power wheel show room with these things...
potrait.JPG
potrait.JPG (44.77 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
Attachments
motor.JPG
motor.JPG (321.68 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
By gakarl
So I realized from my E300 build I needed to install a voltage meter in Rob's bike so I would watch the battery voltage better and take care of these batteries hopefully longer. The E300's are a year old but I have never monitored thier voltage and I think its worn thier life cycle earlier... So my intent is to see if doing this on Rob's bike gets better life on the batteries.
voltage.jpg
voltage.jpg (90.68 KiB) Viewed 2452 times
voltage 2.JPG
voltage 2.JPG (130.27 KiB) Viewed 2452 times
Then I installed this nice $8 china switch on the handle bar which runs to the meter that took 30 days to arrive. Perfect timing this time around but not sure if waiting 30 days is worth the $7 saved waiting time. I guess ordering ahead of time is key...

Also glad had this preinstalled key. It gives me the ability to not have to worry if the kids ride it without my knowledge.
By robnewyork
Awesome love the gauge..im sure the torque is nice but i think48 v may kill that motor...now a second 750 on the industrial brack and 48 v ur onto something there...slight. gain in accelration and25 ish top speed.
By gakarl
The sx500 charger will work fine on my 750 right? And when charging with a standard 12volt charger you have to charge each battery individually. My 1amp trickle died on me and was thinking a 12volt would be a waste compared to the cheap razor chargers.
By robnewyork
tony where ya been, i havent built anything, just seeing if kiddos still riding?
By gakarl
Believe it or not, I have resurrected this old MX500. Moved to an apt for 2 years and finally back in a house where I can tinker with $h1t. Ordered new batteries for the MX500 and blew the dust off. Looking to build a go-kart for the brats to ride next. Debating on electric or gas... probably just depend on what I find...
Re: Bladez 450S XTR s upgrade

So excited! Found a way to earn an extra $160 to p[…]

MX500 48v 2kW BLDC build

its this motor, 48v 2000w: https://www.aliexpress[…]