Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

Ok now where to start,
lets start from the beginning i guess
I'm quite new to this electric scooter thing but i did come across an old E300 that was left out for garbage collection,
scooter was in overall good shape, no major dings, mechanically was OK, wheels, bearings and running gear all seemed fine.
so after the previous owner telling me it went fine, go neglected and didn't use for a long time then wouldn't go, i knew the SLA were shot

after the purchase of a couple of Gel 12v, 7ah batterys it was alive again, but...
with me with a statue of 6 foot, size 12 boot and around 85kgs, (187ish pounds for the yanks)
the momentum wasn't all that impressive,

i started looking around for possible upgrades, first up
24v to 36v,
so with some spare time at work, i made up a battery box to sit on top,

With Stock controller and thumb variable speed control, it would not start on 36v but knowing it can be switched over when started on 24v,
i wired up a simple relay to the controller and mounted a micro switch to thumb throttle,
so soon as it was pushed past 10% throttle, relay would switch to 36v, and was all good,
speed and more important, torque/acceleration was improved.
again there's a but....

unfortunately, been a little aged, speed control packed it in,
now its time to start getting serious.

Ok, before i start go on with this project,
this is a "how I'm doing it" write up, with helping post encouraged,
that said anyone that attempts to recreate these mods, do so at they're own risk.
if you don't know what your doing, get professional help.
i am a trade qualified Metal Fabricator / Welder, and as such will take all my skill and knowledge to make these following mods structurally sound and strong.

Now that's over with Time for the modding.
after looking around at the various mods that people have done on these, taking do some notes,
putting a list of parts to order,
the obvious, new 36v 800w controller, 36v 800w Motor, Couple of Sprockets, New variable twist throttle, the variable thumb throttle and shitting me.
with most of the parts in, time to star fish down and plan attack,
generally two options for mounting motor,
1: On top of deck, Which pretty much looked like star fish and didn't agree with my size 12 boots,
2: mount underneath with spacer plates to miss the side frames, and have it stick out dogs nuts waiting to hit something and cause damage.....

well, those aren't good enough, and there only one way to fix it.
man up and do something different compare to the rest of the 95% of people on here,
grab a grinder.

Originally i thought about just extending the frame, cut the battery box and extend with another box, and work from there, but decided to chance my mind

With the frame cut, now i can see that just extending the frame wont fix all the problems,
So now time to build a whole new rear end and wheel setup to get this engine over more to fit inside rails

Works out, with extending the frame and battery box, to suite a third battery underneath, and with the help of having this laying around.
picture makes new wheel look bigger, but its the same size.

looks like i will only be extending the overall length by 80mm.

Now the question is, do i bother raiding a donor Mini Chopper, suspension front end....
id run it at 48 volts, the 36v motor, 33 percent top speed gain, i found the e300 smooth with no suspension.u will need the additional 33 percent with the gearing chaange ffor same top speed, if u wanna go nuts do the yk42-4 like maurtis mx500, more acceleration and top speed.
robnewyork wrote:id run it at 48 volts, the 36v motor, 33 percent top speed gain, i found the e300 smooth with no suspension.u will need the additional 33 percent with the gearing chaange ffor same top speed, if u wanna go nuts do the yk42-4 like maurtis mx500, more acceleration and top speed.
I'm new to modifying electric scooters but interested in modifying one that I've got. I need top speed, power, and acceleration. Would you be kind enough to explain how to "do the yk42-4 like maurtis mx500"?
Re: Bladez 450S XTR s upgrade

So excited! Found a way to earn an extra $160 to p[…]

MX500 48v 2kW BLDC build

its this motor, 48v 2000w: https://www.aliexpress[…]