a little progress was made as i finished up the wiring harness. the white connectors on most controllers, or rather the crimp terminals used in the connectors, dont crimp well on anything over 14AWG. i used 12AWG so i soldered all terminals instead of crimping, cut out extra sheathing and replaced with thinner heat shrink so the terminals can seat properly in the connectors:
for testing only i'm using the yiyun YK31C since its a smaller controller, easily tucks in up front:
been using the old 48v pack that came in the xtreme because i've been lazy but decided to put 4 fresh batts so i could get a better assessment of the stock motor and gearing (47t/11).
only 10Ah so no max power and limited runtime:
first run was problem-free, motor spun up fine. torque seemed ok but i'm only 160lbs so...
ample deck space for different foot placement but the handlebar height is maxed out. as is my arms are almost reaching down so not a comfortable position. i think this scoot is designed primarily for seated riding so i threw on the seat. kinda bouncy and felt like a retiree cruising around the block. took the seat off and rode in some dirt, made me want to switch out from the 48v 1000w to the 36v 1000w. i'll let the family take it for a couple of rides first.
before that i'm going to charge everything up and mount the GPS to get some numbers. i'll post more updates as this project develops...