Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By noahmercier
Isnt there only like 5a flowing through those wires though? The wires of the current wiring are only 14 gauge.

By robnewyork
for the 12v system , sure.maybe 1 amp.. but if the switch is turning on both the high side and the low, its still gonna have 400 amps running through the switch.. it will be part of both circuits.. thats why i suggested 2 switrches
By robnewyork
i think so , also less chance of frying something on the 12 v end by accidentally feeding 400 amps into it
By noahmercier
I hooked everything up and it works but the throttle is acting up. If I turning it on, then plug in the throttle it works, but it "idles". And when I turn it off and then back on again it gives me a throttle "error" message.
By noahmercier
nvmd. Turns out when I programmed the throttle as 10% sensitivity it was to much and would spin the wheels without even pushing on it. That was why when I started it up it would not run. Works great now. Just got to put all the electronics in the box I have, wire a few more things up and test it.
By robnewyork
WOW.. did u get to do a take off blast yet?? yes, all these little things will need to be programmed to ur liking .. pretty cool having options huh?
By noahmercier
I went for a test drive and everything was going ok until the motor wires melted. The acceleration wasn't that good either I even had all the setting at 100%. Tomorrow I am going to remount the imperial motor and see if it will work. I think the acceleration was bad because of the leeson motor, when I had the imperial motor hooked up with the yk I got better acceleration. Also, after the 10 minutes of riding the motor was HOT, even after waiting for 10 minutes. The batteries went from 12.8v to 12.3v, I don't think it should have dipped that low.
By robnewyork
the small leeson probably cannot handle it..while the imperial is on there, is solder some 8 gauge wires on the leeson brushes, maybe try it again later on
By robnewyork
the batteries might be fine , heat = inneficiency , so that might have caused them to plummet fast.. you can see what the battery company says , im just not sure theyre gonna back new-old stock
By robnewyork
see how it goes with imperial , even at 400 amps u shouldnt see much drop on 55ah in 10 minutes, maybe .2 to .3 ..
By robnewyork
you should be able to ride pretty hard for 30 mins , or cruise around for 45.. lets see what happens when u get the imperial mounted
By robnewyork
make sure the controller and electronics are working before spending another 400... with the imperial it would be spinning the back tires on takeoff
By robnewyork
lets say the controller is bad, u buy the etek to find that out , now ur out another 400 and essentially have a paperweight
By noahmercier
I will connect it my laptop and see if I forgot to turn one of the settings up higher. The imperial was no different from the Leeson except that the wires stayed intact and it didn't get as hot. Here is a video (it was light outside when I started the video but got really dark) I will upload another some other time...

Could the acceleration problem be because of the batteries?
By noahmercier
Also, I have the controller set to 46v as the lvc and after 10-12 minutes of riding it started stopping and I would have to switch it on then back off again. I assumed its because of the voltage sag.
By robnewyork
yes, saw the video.. u were movin !!!!!!!!!!! anyway , the kelly 200amp was slightly slower than tha yk43b, so it makes no sense the 400 amp isnt faster in every regard.. it should be smoking the tires.. something is wayyy off !
By robnewyork
check ur percentage takoff. 40 %i think is max, which is still 160 amps takeoff... your pedal on highn power is wrong !
By noahmercier
The throttle up/Down rate was set to 5 and I changed it to 1. I pushed the throttle and it seemed to do the trick. I will test it tomorrow so that it is fully charged and because it is too dark right now.
By noahmercier
I'm waiting until tomorrow for the full test, but yes it was much faster. I changed it to the slowest stetting to make sure that was what was wrong and it moved at a snails pace so that was definitely what was wrong.
By robnewyork
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, im excited and im not even there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you aere gonna be the forums go to guy for all kelly diagnostics!
By noahmercier
back when I first saw Kelly controllers I was so confused with the j1 and j2 cables and why there was 2 battery connection and only one motor. But now I have realized that wiring diagrams make it look so much more difficult than they actually are. It also helps when you know about contactors, diodes, and the precharge resistors.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]