Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By noahmercier
Still talking to the people I bought the batteries off of. Suppose to get an email today from the manager.

By Quinc
noahmercier wrote:Still talking to the people I bought the batteries off of. Suppose to get an email today from the manager.
If they are dicks about it, tell them to kick rocks and that you will file a grievance with your credit card for selling you a faulty product. Then call your credit card and cancel the charges. If you used an AMEX and some other cards have purchase protection and will refund you the money on damaged or lost goods for 90 days after purchase.
By noahmercier
The problem is that I used my student paypal account to pay for the batteries, and on Nov. 20 they officially cancelled the student account program so I can no longer open up a case against them. My only hope is that they honor their warranty.
By noahmercier
Yes. When I rode on it yesterday it only lasted 5min and one battery sagged to 5v and an another one went to 6v (I don't remember what the others were at).
By noahmercier
I talked to the manager on the phone and he claimed that they are perfectly fine. He says that 55ah batteries can only output 55 amps of power max and that what is happening to the batteries is what he would expect from trying to get 100+ amps out of them. I told him about your dune buggy and how long it lasted with 35ah batteries, but he stuck to his explanation. He asked me to have you (rob) email him the "specs" of your batteries. His email is dsweeney@batteryjack.com. He also said that AGM batteries are only meant for short period use.
By robnewyork
it sounds like hes trying to aviod the waranty.. people have tested 12ah batteries at peaking 70amps for short bursts.. Nothing i can say to him will change his mind.. And the batteries we used were also generic chinese sla's....
By noahmercier
could you help me find articles/forum pages of where it shows the batteries being discharged at those amps? I am having trouble finding any to prove my point.
By noahmercier
Kelly cont. is sending me a 72v reversing contactor and 72v charge meter as compensation for the issue. Also, a guy from an ev forum is selling me a motenergy me1003, alltrax 7245, delta-q charger, 72v contactor, and 9 Nissan leaf battery modules (75v) for $1100. (Its worth well over $2000)
By noahmercier
lol. I am going to be pushing 33,750 watts (currently pulling 5,000-7,000). It is going to be INSANE. I think I am just going to sell the Kelly, I was planning on making the mini bike really efficient by using the gm 1.5kw brushless motor.
By robnewyork
yep, id sell the kelly on ebay/. 33,750 will be a forum record, our 35 ah kart was pushing 13,000 ish lmao..
By noahmercier
I am going to mount a second box on the back of the go kart to hold the controller and contactors. The original one will house other electronics
By Quinc
I agree with Rob that guy is trying to get out of the warranty. Contact Paypal and file a grievance.
By robnewyork
Quinc wrote:I agree with Rob that guy is trying to get out of the warranty. Contact Paypal and file a grievance.
yep,the onus is on the seller , and ebay heavily favors the buyer in regard to disputes
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]