Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By Evol
This is my story, there are many like it but this one is mine...

My goal with this scooter is to build a solid foundation that will support my entire upgrade path.

Starting my build on a 60.00 Craigslist find. Scooter was lightly used and in good condition v1 but the charger (new aftermarket) didn't work, batteries were shot (knew that) and tires were old and stale. I purchased new AGM 9ah batts from the local batteries plus and way overpaid. It was the only place local I could get them and wanted to ride now! With the new batts installed the scooter can barely move me. Bummer. Stuck my kid on it and clocked 13mph. Humph. Did some research and think it might be the controller. I ordered the control and throttle combo from fastscooters on eBay.
Image Hopefully that will get me going, if not it'll be a nice addition to the new motor I'll be needing.

Went through the wiring and found one negative cable corroded along it's entire length. Broke the reset switch and removed it. Installed bullet connectors (have a ton of them saved from hobbyking lipo) and cleaned up some wiring.

Still not mobile for me yet, I decided to make it pretty. Why not Biggie?

Next up, lights. Ok. Done.

Parts are rolling in.
Ordered new tires and inner tubes from partsforscooters.com.

So that's where it stands now. New batteries, basically. I'm now figuring the dimensions of the battery tray to see what I can fit there. Parts ordered and on the way:
Front brake setup- rotor, caliper, lever/cable, rim.
New kickstand
Brushless motor
Vesc

By Evol
Put some work in today. Results are a scooter that runs 16mph with me on it!

Started by wiring up some bullet adapters for the battery leads on the new controller. I took off the stock connector and used spade connectors to make an adapter for the bullet plugs. This way I can use it in my sons rx200 when he's ready to upgrade. We were pretty impressed with the performance.
My work bench today

Installing the throttle was made easier by cutting off the old grips. There was no way I was getting them off otherwise.
The new grips
Switch was eliminated, it is now key operated.

I love these tires.
They look perfect, just the right amount of beefy over stock.

There is a small size and weight difference to note. They are a tad taller and weigh over 3.6oz more per tire. That is additional unsprung weight and taller gearing
Stock
Not stock

Getting rid of green

Ready to go.
By Evol
robnewyork wrote:looks greaT!
Thanks! I had my first real run with it last night. Took it around the neighborhood and it ran like a champ. Carried me up a pretty steep grade no problem on a fresh battery. The brake is weak because I mangled the rotor taking it off. This might just make a perfect loaner scooter while I look for a new project frame.
By Evol
robnewyork wrote:when u starting the brushless ?
Soon I hope. Everything is ordered. Esc and motor are coming from the UK. Two weeks shipping for the esc, no eta for the motor. Lipos should be here tomorrow with other miscellaneous materials. I'm looking for another frame so I don't have biggie down for the build. That way my son and I can still ride, then I'll have biggie as a loaner when his uncles come over. E300 doesn't seem so confidence inspiring for adding huge power. Biggie is a v1, looking at later models that might have a more solid handlebar setup. Seems to be a lot of play in mine, not from wear but just how it's designed with the adjustability.
By Evol
robnewyork wrote:scour craigslist and damaged box models off ebay
I got the only one worth it in my area on Craigslist for now. I'll check the eBay listings, thanks for the tip!
By Evol
Mail call and upgraded lighting.

Used some clamps, PVC pipe, endcaps and longer bolts to mount a taillight meant for a bicycle seat post.
Mock up
Painted and finished off with endcaps
Night riding

Lipos arrived quickly

So did everything else, really. Vendors have shipping down. Image

Need to figure out a fitment issue, thanks bunches electricscooterparts.com

Lipo 16ah 6s weight 3929g = 8.66lbs

Stock replacement AGM 9ah weight 5139g = 11.32lbs

A savings of 2.66lbs if run as a parallel 32ah pack and a whopping 7lbs saving if using just one single lipo. The final plan is to run them in series as a 12s 16ah pack.

...and they fit perfectly
By robnewyork
HOLY CRAP ! youre gonna have 25 mile range !sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
By Evol
New chromed brake, kickstands

More parts...vescx and I may have bought a few too many capacitors
By Evol
robnewyork wrote:HOLY CRAP ! youre gonna have 25 mile range !sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Lol, I don't know if I can stand that long. Hahah
By Evol
Not much done, made a parallel connector and added to the family. Had a pretty good outing today, took the 200 and 300 out for a good run. biggies motor was hot for a while after, lots of grass and hills.

Found the little 100 in a 'managers special' bin at Toys r Us for 30.00. There were a bunch of BPROs in and around a large bin, all sold as is. None seemed to have chargers and there was only one scooter. My daughter had to have it. Took it home and charged it. Works perfectly! We are quickly getting carried away with these things.

Re: Bladez 450S XTR s upgrade

So excited! Found a way to earn an extra $160 to p[…]

MX500 48v 2kW BLDC build

its this motor, 48v 2000w: https://www.aliexpress[…]