Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By Laundrydude
My kids have had the dirt quad for 5 years now and they are bigger so its time to upgrade. I have 3 22ah batteries, 1000w 36v controller, throttle with gauge and key switch,horn and lights. This is not done yet so I will post updates as they happen.
Here is the new tray I made up and welded in place:
The paint color turned out pretty good I thought:
I still have much to do.

By Laundrydude
So it it mostly done. I used the white connectors for everything so it will be easy to swap parts as needed. I used all the connections on the controller so it turns on with the key switch and working brake light. I connected the "sport" connector to the original power switch. It reduces power when on which is good for new little kids when they want to try it.
By Laundrydude
Its cold here but my kids played on it today for an hour or so today to test it out. Pretty fast maybe up to 15mph (will clock it later). The "sport" switch limits current which is neat. I am charging thru the controller connected to original connector with a 36v charger from ebay. Will have to test how long batteries last when its warmer. I still need to make steering stops so the batteries don't get hit by the tires. I did space out the front wheels by 3/8" on each side.
Here is the controller I have been using from Ebay:
By Laundrydude
So my kids are having fun on the quad, but the gear motor is not going to last. What if I put on a 36v 1000w motor with 11t sprocket, and 80t at the axle. I am using a China ebay controller, so do you think it would have more power than it does now? I was looking at parts on monster.
By Laundrydude
Thanks, I wanted the tray to look decent. Next I need to increase power/speed/reliability. So looking at 1000w 36v 3000rpm motor with 11t 8mm sprocket, and 74t 8mm sprocket for axle, but it will need to be machined out and redrilled. I want to stick with the 8mm chain vs the 25. Anyone else done this?
By Laundrydude
The 74T sprocket they sell is out of stock too lol. I ordered the ebay one from china. Now monsterscooterparts is out of the motor I wanted. It will be a couple weeks waiting on parts.
By Laundrydude
I got my new 74T sprocket from china. First I need to enlarge the center hole to 54mm and drill new holes. Has anyone else done this? What's the machinability of the sprocket? Hardened? I want to mark it up, clamp the old sprocket to it as a guide and drill it out if that will work. What your guys thoughts?
By Laundrydude
I drilled the new sprocket. 6mm holes for bolts, 2-1/8" hole saw to cut out the middle. It worked, and its very close to center. I plan to install the sprocket hub on backwards to space it out more to make room for the motor and clear the brake.
Here is the original sprocket with the new and the tire for size reference:
I didn't have a machine shop so....
I think I will weld in a piece of 1/4" plate to mount motor and only move the brake if I have to:
I want to put in chain tensioners if there is room.
By Laundrydude
Yes T8F chain and 11/74 ratio. I have a cheap 36v 1000w controller from eBay that is limited to 32 amps. It was plenty for the stock motor. I hope it does well with the bigger motor. I only can work on it sporadically, so it takes a while to get it done.
By Laundrydude
I flipped over the disc brake too for more clearance at the motor. I am ordering spacers and bolts to remount the caliper. I added some split lock collars too since the disc brake mount just floats.
By Laundrydude
It's for my kids 8 and 10. I saw that video, he put a spacer behind the disc. I flipped it around which moves the caliper 9/16" so clearance should be good. I have a plan to reinstall the original tensioners too. Can't wait to get it done.
By Laundrydude
So I finally mounted the 1000w motor. Hit 17mph on flats with ease. But needed more power so I changed the motor from 11T to 10T, so now its 10T to 74T. Still need to get a half link for the chain. I need to put on heavier connectors on the battery and motor cause they get hot now. Its getting there.
By Regulator
Just joined

and I'm interested in upgrading my sons Razor Quad too, it's 2 years old and he is starting to get bored with it's stock state and speed

is there a sticky somewhere with a parts listing, or even a source for parts without having to read back through all the history, sorry to try to shortcut through everything. I just don't spend a lot of time on line between work and kids

this is an awesome mod, and you've done a great job with it
By Regulator
Just joined

and I'm interested in upgrading my sons Razor Quad too, it's 2 years old and he is starting to get bored with it's stock state and speed

is there a sticky somewhere with a parts listing, or even a source for parts without having to read back through all the history, sorry to try to shortcut through everything. I just don't spend a lot of time on line between work and kids

By Regulator
Just joined

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]