Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By zogthegreat
OK, since I'm not busy enough with the Quad build, I decided to start another build at the same time! Giving how crappy my sleep has been lately, I'll probably go slow on this one! And slow down on the Quad also!)

I was at the flea market the other day when I saw this MX350:

You really can't see how bad the paint is in the photo's, but it has the crappiest spray can paint job that I have ever seen! The really funny part is, even though it didn't power up, the woman selling it wanted $100.00 for it! :shock: I laughed and started walking away and she asked me how much I would give her for it. I told her $20.00 and she said, "But I just painted it!" :lol: :lol: She ended up taking the 20 and now I have another project.

Stripping it down, it didn't look much better. The batteries are bulging and the chain is so rusted that I don't think that my chain breaker will work on it, I'll probably cut it off with my grinder. However, the frame is solid and really, I was going to throw away the rest of the stuff anyway.

Since everyone has done a 350 build, I need to do something a little more interesting than a new motor and controller, although I will be dropping my 36v 1000w Unite and YK43B from my limiette E300 onto it. What I'm thinking is something like this

I want to install a swing arm suspension on the tail. I'll cut and remove the down bar on the rear end and then cut the rest of the tail off and install a pivot and a shock absorber. I need to make my motor mount first so I can work out the shock part. I am also thinking of cutting the forward frame and stretching it by about 4".

I am also thinking of install a shock on the front end, something that I could put a disc brake on. Of course, I will convert the rear brakes to disc, but I am thinking of trying to do a right side foot brake, like on a real motorcycle. I could switch the chain sprocket to the left side, but then I would have to find a reverse freewheel. Maybe I can do something with a cable, I'll have to see.

By zogthegreat
OK, so my 11 year old daughter came down for a visit and while she really loved the modded pocket mod, she really wanted to ride the MX! So I did a quick and dirty mod just to get it going. I started by making a motor mount for the 36v 800w Unite motor:

I used some grade 5 - 5/16 bolts with lock nuts to mount it on the frame:

By zogthegreat
Then I made a new tray for the 3 batteries:

I made some side retainers so that the batteries wouldn't slid out out of some scraps of leftover steel:

I will make a hold down bracket/strap later, (I just used some duct tape for right now! :lol: )
By zogthegreat
I kept the old, (and rusted), caliper and disc from Limette for welding on the caliper mount, this way I'm not concerned about it getting damaged from the welding:

After cutting out the mount bracket, I mounted the rim on the frame with the old disc on it and I used a piece of sheet metal to protect the rim. Then I postioned the caliper on the disc and cloed it in place with a pair of vise grips. This gave me the correct angle to weld the caliper mount in place:

By zogthegreat
1 16 oz can of Goof-Off and 2 hours of rubbing got rid of the nasty silver paint that the seller was so proud of!

I really don't understand why she painted all over the bike with that nasty silver paint. I think that the old green plastic looks much better than the job that she did!
Re: Bladez 450S XTR s upgrade

So excited! Found a way to earn an extra $160 to p[…]

MX500 48v 2kW BLDC build

its this motor, 48v 2000w: https://www.aliexpress[…]