rybitski wrote:Loving the progress please keep us updated with lots of pictures! I like your ideas to keep it looking stock as well. Very interested to see what the finished product will look like.
Thanks rybit, I will do my best to keep up with posting and pictures and if there are any questions or if I miss something lemme know!
timmy2time wrote:Wow. All the paint is gone. Total restoration. Not just conversion.
Yeah, pretty much just keeping the body style and the original leather seat since that is still in good shape.
friedwires wrote:i kinda liked the patina of the original paint but new is nice!
I did like the paint, but there was just too many nicks and dents that were not taken care of and once removed, a lot of rust underneath on the foot boards, so am going to go with black for the final paint color since I had to strip a lot of the paint away.
shortcircuit911 wrote:Sweet project. I dig your cells. Maybe we can work together in the future.
Thanks, and sure thing, just give me a shout!
Well, got tied up building battery packs, and still have 2 pretty cool ones left to build that I'll post some pics up my lonely battery pack build thread!
Since the last post, I got all the rust off (I hope) of all the parts, body/frame, rear cowls, steering, front fender, glove box, etc. and finally have it primed and ready for paint. The patch work on the choke, fuel cut-off and foot brake came out better than I thought it would since this was the first time that I had tried to use resin and fiberglass on anything besides a surfboard!
May have hit a slight snafu with the swing arm because of the width of the hub motor, there may be problems with the placement of the rear shock, but hopefully it will work out!
Going to be using a more modern style of speedo and going to work on converting the tachometer to be a 'tachammeter' so I can see how many amperes I am drawing while driving since I really don't have any real need for reading RPM's.
Going to be working this week on fitting the front hub with a new disc brake system and get rid of the drum brakes, so hopefully will have that completed this week. I also plan on playing with some LED's to change out as many lights as I can and seeing if I can build a turn signal relay with some spare parts that I have without having it heat up too much or have to put a big heat sink on it.
Anyways, that's about it for now!