Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By Headway Headquarters
Next obstacle were the battery boxes so went to work on devising a scheme to make it simpler for me to connect the boxes to the scoot. Using the 1/8" polycarbonate was so much better, it was strong but easier to shape and bend. The right side of the scoot has a large void where the motor used to sit that needs to be filled. Not being a super welder extraordinaire like my swing arm fabricators, I simply traced a pattern onto some sheet metal, used some aluminum strap and 'L' metal for a frame, painted it and riveted it to the body. Slid the battery boxes in and the cowls fit nicely over the top of them.
Attachments
090 Battery Boxes Built.jpg
Battery Boxes Built
090 Battery Boxes Built.jpg (164.67 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
085 Layout for Battery Boxes.jpg
Layout for Battery Boxes
085 Layout for Battery Boxes.jpg (157.45 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
086 Allowable Space Under Cowels.jpg
Allowable Space Under Cowls
086 Allowable Space Under Cowels.jpg (157.83 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
087 Sheet Metal Backing for Battery Boxes.jpg
Sheet Metal Backing for Battery Boxes
087 Sheet Metal Backing for Battery Boxes.jpg (143.23 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
091 Battery Boxes and Frames.jpg
Battery Boxes and Frames
091 Battery Boxes and Frames.jpg (157.88 KiB) Viewed 1451 times

By Headway Headquarters
Painted and riveted they turned out better than I had hoped, and whats most important to me is that they fit nicely under the cowls. The brake line was a bit short so needed to order a new one, it's come in, but in all honesty have not had the motivation to take it any further until the snow melts. Had put on some of the trim, but that is as far as it has gone. I am going to be installing a different BMS with a small LCD screen and so hopefully....2 years later :shock: the conversion will be finished.
Attachments
092 Batteries Finally Mounted.jpg
Batteries Finally Mounted
092 Batteries Finally Mounted.jpg (145.49 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
093 Cowels Fit Perfectly.jpg
Cowls Fit Perfectly
093 Cowels Fit Perfectly.jpg (173.09 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
094 Most of the Trim Installed.jpg
Most of the Trim Installed
094 Most of the Trim Installed.jpg (63.47 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
By EddySPalm
I just created an account on this forum solely to see how this project is going, it's built almost exactly the way I'm hoping to build mine next fall/winter.

Do you have a project thread elsewhere that is up to date?

This Japanese guy you got in touch with; does he have any projects open to the public?

Thanks,
Edward
By aaron_mason
I created an account for this reason as well... Would love to hear an update on the conversion!

FWIW, I'm in the process of converting a pristine '71 Primavera 125, and am hopeful that the process will be a smooth one.

The Kelly motor / controller / disc brake combo seems to be the best drop-in solution I can find. I'll most likely go with a pre-assembled battery pack as that seems like fewer unknowns. I'm also hoping I can use almost all of the original handlebars, linkage, cables, etc.

I'll post a few photos but I'm finding a lot of the the same things that Jim did in his original posts.
By aaron_mason
I created an account for this reason as well... Would love to hear an update on the conversion!

FWIW, I'm in the process of converting a pristine '71 Primavera 125, and am hopeful that the process will be a smooth one.

The Kelly motor / controller / disc brake combo seems to be the best drop-in solution I can find. I'll most likely go with a pre-assembled battery pack as that seems like fewer unknowns. I'm also hoping I can use almost all of the original handlebars, linkage, cables, etc.

I'll post a few photos but I'm finding a lot of the the same things that Jim did in his original posts.

Honestly though, I think I should probably just start another thread.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]