Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By hugocraft
Found on craigslist a “3 year old Razor Scooter E300. Rarely ridden. Like new. Needs new battery” for $35 and I picked it up today!

He put it on the charger before I got there and it all worked. I took it home rod it a couple times up and down the street. I then took off top plate and took out the lead acid deep cells with the push button breaker in between since they are in series for 24v. I cut off the battery input plug and soldered up a deans plug.

I’ve been in RC airplanes and helicopters the past 4 years so I have decent knowledge about electrics. My LiPo collection is (4) 6s 3600mAh 30C, (6) 4s 2650mAh 25+C, and bunch 3s 2100-2250 25+C batteries. I stumbled on the idea of LiPo powered scooter on youtube and that’s what got me interested in playing with one. So I’ve done a little research beforehand.

The only left over charged LiPo’s I had from flying the other day was a couple 3s 2250mAh 45C thunderpowers. So I used a series adapter into a watt meter then into the scooter. It was noticeable faster and accelerated a little better. I ran it with the top off and my feet on the side so I could see the watt meter while riding. Average pull is 15-22 amps and 400 watts. It was hard to look down and drive to see what peak was but the most I saw was 26amps and 550ish watts.

My agenda is to clean it up first. Then next I would like to change the gearing to get more torque with acceleration but I don’t mind loosing a little off the top speed since it does fine with me only weighing 120lbs. Also curious if I can over volt it to 8s since I already have the packs to do that. Just don’t know how much the stock equipment can handle it. For fun all 4 of my 6s packs fit and I could wire them up to make a 6s 14400mAh pack in parallel.
Attachments
DSCN8661 (738x1024).jpg
DSCN8661 (738x1024).jpg (232.17 KiB) Viewed 7008 times
DSCN8657 (1024x766).jpg
DSCN8657 (1024x766).jpg (216.4 KiB) Viewed 7008 times
DSCN8658 (1024x633).jpg
DSCN8658 (1024x633).jpg (159.7 KiB) Viewed 7008 times
DSCN8659 (768x1024).jpg
DSCN8659 (768x1024).jpg (166.58 KiB) Viewed 7008 times

By bassiclyLouDog
very slick! You already have the parts availible. I think I have the same black controller. My throttle was a simple on/off though. I hope you're not planning on overvolting if you have the same throttle. The scoot can handle 36v easily but I wouldn't go past 40v. So I guess your best bet would be three 3s pk in series for a 33.3v pk. That will be a lot of fun for you. The controller should handle it.
there is an $18 controller on tncscooters.com that is rated 24v but can be overvolted.
By hugocraft
bassiclyLouDog wrote:very slick! You already have the parts availible. I think I have the same black controller. My throttle was a simple on/off though. I hope you're not planning on overvolting if you have the same throttle. The scoot can handle 36v easily but I wouldn't go past 40v. So I guess your best bet would be three 3s pk in series for a 33.3v pk. That will be a lot of fun for you. The controller should handle it.
there is an $18 controller on tncscooters.com that is rated 24v but can be overvolted.
I was wanting to try 8s since I already have the packs which would be 4.2(8)=33.6v peak after charged but my throttle is porportional so not sure if it can handle it. I won't try it unless I know for sure.

I've read people change the gearing to get more torque for hill and to accelerate quickly to reach top speed in only a few feet instead of a while like it is now. I'll reasearch that but any feedback is appreciated.
By bassiclyLouDog
I keep forgeting my 1st mod was putting an 80t on the wheel...it's huge! but it's instant torque. say stock speed 12mph and it takes 300ft to get there...the 80t will get to 10mph in 100feet. That what it feels like anyway. Going up a small incline stock would bog out and stall, 80t will bog down to 8mph, but climb like a tank.
it was very exciting!
Going 36v was like a lightning bolt those 1st few rides. the speed. the power. it was scary skidding out on some sharp bends...not used to the acceleration/poor handling. When I got the hang of it, I was zippin all over town.

2 things you don't want in an electric; soft starts and toggle throttle! torque is not your friend if you're not expecting it.
33.6v lipo, I bet you hit 18mph with an 80t and I bet you do it in a hurry.
There is another lipo builder on the project thread who had posted some results....gonna go look.

I have an extra 5wire throttle and 80t if you're interested.
By bassiclyLouDog
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=584

he says he ran an e150 on 10s...no motor specs or outcome to speak. Don't know what the actual specs are, but I'm guessing a 24v motor. I'm thinking the motor would fry on 10s pretty quick. My 1st run on 48v slas and the motor stunk.
By ExtremeToysDad
i have recently upgraded my daughter's razor e100 from stock, un inspired lead acid batteries to a pair of 6s 5.0ah lipos in series. Wow what a difference!i cant believe it worked! 50.4v fully charged, ran for about 15 minutes, motor got very hot and almost reached 40kph. she is 7 years old and this is a bit much for her. impressive none the less. ill end up getting new batteries and running a pair of 5s in series for nominal voltage of 37v since she's not going for a land shouted record!
Re: Bladez 450S XTR s upgrade

So excited! Found a way to earn an extra $160 to p[…]

MX500 48v 2kW BLDC build

its this motor, 48v 2000w: https://www.aliexpress[…]