Submit your entry for E.V. or Scooter of the quarter. Have your scooter displayed for the entire world, and a chance to win a prize!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By McDesign
Gas scooter frame - 36" wheelbase instead of 32"; this helps keep the nose down with so much torque.

Not pretty (pink shelf boards notwithstanding), but durable and fast. 22 mph with 80t sprocket; 27 mph with 65t sprocket (pace car-verified).

Instant wheelspin in grass with 80t sprocket at full throttle.

Gas quad.jpg
Computer model of the packaging approach

100_1065.JPG
Actual install - 4X 250W Chinese 24V

100_1076.JPG
8 X 6v / 12 Ah SLA and ESP.com 2400W controller

100_1083.JPG
Side view

100_1084.JPG
Rear view with now-triple (after that 500W single burned up) sister ship

Forrest - going for the beauty award
Last edited by McDesign on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By gameboy
scooter of the quarter hasnt started yet, im a little behind. is this your entry?
By McDesign
Oops! yes - I was responding to yer post. Thought I'd better enter quick before the boy crashes it.

Forrest
By gameboy
McDesign wrote:Oops! yes - I was responding to yer post. Thought I'd better enter quick before the boy crashes it.

Forrest

ok, contest still hasnt started yet, but when it does it will be announced. look forward to seeing more, like a video. want to hear the motors purrrr. :)
By scootthis
I think it might possibly develop a little torque.

scootthis
By timmy2time
lol. There was a kid on You Tube that made a 4wd gokart a 250watt motor per wheel and changed them to 1000watt motors. He never posted a video of it but I think he said that from a dead stop it throws your whole body back into the seat.
By gameboy
timmy2time wrote:lol. There was a kid on You Tube that made a 4wd gokart a 250watt motor per wheel and changed them to 1000watt motors. He never posted a video of it but I think he said that from a dead stop it throws your whole body back into the seat.

that would be sweeeeeet, i would love to just see how it was constructed let alone to see it run
By scootthis
How his eyes are able to withstand the wind burn I have no idea.

scootthis
By timmy2time
I can verify that this was some serious speed. While watching the video, I pointed my radar gun at my monitor and clocked the speed @ 900mph+. I even heard a Sonic boom as he broke the sound barrier and my computer monitor started shaking and almost exploded.
By robnewyork
You could fit a fifth motor lol! That is friggen incredible..its one of 2 of my favorite builds on here( this and the 60 volt 1000 watt kart)
Troubleshooting 24v razor mx350

I picked up a razor mx350 for my nephew, it’s a li[…]

Monster Moto Electric Mini Bike

Extended the seat for more room and added some sto[…]