Submit your entry for E.V. or Scooter of the quarter. Have your scooter displayed for the entire world, and a chance to win a prize!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By myzter
THEKPV
The Hybrid Electric Kinetic Photovoltaic Vehicle
http://www.thekpv.com

Version 2.0 Summer 2011
THEKPV is being retrofitted with upgrades that will allow it to be lighter, faster, safer, and increased solar output.

By scootthis
Looks like it'd be loads of fun in a stiff crosswind. Yeah, 4 sum reason I don't think he'd be holdin' that can o' Red Bull quite so nonchalantly while steering either. Unless he likes to wear it. lol Hey but udder than that, it's a pretty cool idear.

Ok as U can prolly tell, I'm not totally quite yet impressed but I'll give the upcomin' version #2 the benefit of the doubt that it's gonna be a lot more practical in certain design features. One thing's fer sure, I'd sure hate to fall in that thing rite now especially goin' oer' da handlebars. Ouchie.

scoots

ps. I unnerstand they're now makin' thin film photovoltaics that bend conform to pretty much a bunch of shapes. That'd be cool - ya know havin' like a molded wrap around fairing be entirely made of it or sumthin. Even his helmet, jacket, etc. 'Course the efficiency gains apparently aren't there yet but I can see it happenin'.

http://www.solarpowerathome.com/thin-fi ... ltaic.html
By myzter
I only posted my invention for E.V. or Scooter of the quarter.. contest
Anyway as Ive seen previously in other forums.. some folks feel the need to pick it apart..
I think any bike/scooter with a front fairing is going to be a cause for some discomfort if you are going oer' da bars, but many people attach them anyway! must be a reason right ?
Ive just combined the fairing into an alternative energy concept, however if anyone has an issue with its fairing operation then I 100% doubt that they can utilize or comprehend the solar energy being harnessed to fully appreciate the concept.

Most of us concentrate on motor power or battery Ah's to try and achieve top speed/distance....but what about aerodynamics. It is mostly known that traveling at 18 + mph on a scooter/bike, most of the wasted energy comes in the form of wind resistance against mainly the upper body because facing forward on a bike and having the upper torso/chest flat against the wind.

by the way scootthis are you flogging your affiliate solar business on my thread ..
By jtotheace
lol you guys are funny. I have major respect for this build even though its not the usual hot rod style we all know and love. It would be amazing to see people commuting in something like this. Are you sponsored by Redbull?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Einstein
By COS
Just out of curiosity, how much power do the PV's put into the batt pack?
By myzter
Are you sponsored by Redbull?
I have no affiliation with them, I had only added the logo's for a publicity video contest they ran last year.
Just out of curiosity, how much power do the PV's put into the batt pack?
I have added another 4 cells in 2 sections to the rear section for a total of 18 cells
6"x6" 3.8-4 watts each
18 x .5v = 9volts @ 7-8amps
The PV array is wired to re-charge any two cells out of the 3 battery packs (1 LiFePO4 & 2 LIPO) at one time.
By scootthis
by the way scootthis are you flogging your affiliate solar business on my thread ..
Hay I wish.
Anyway as Ive seen previously in other forums.. some folks feel the need to pick it apart..
Hay I just made sum observations. I didn't intend to insult ya. Like I said, it's cool. But lemme get this straight, ya post your invention and apparently expect no comments on it at all unless they're 100% positive? (Cough) Btw, we all get our egos adjusted here by others more knowlegeable. Usually it means goin' bak to the drawin' board and improvin' things. No one is 'safe' around here which when ya think about it makes this place great. And we don't get bent about it either. Well for the most part we don't or at least we don't show it. :lol:
.....however if anyone has an issue with its fairing operation then I 100% doubt that they can utilize or comprehend the solar energy being harnessed to fully appreciate the concept.
Anyone?

Man, there's sum really really smart peeps on this here forum. So I kinda doubt that.

Yeah yer right tho' with regards to this 'anyone'. I'm prolly fully incapable of comprehending and appreciatin' this concept much less devise better ways of utilizing it. Hek I'll be the first to admit I'm no Tesla. :oops: Otoh I do come up with a fairly good idear once in a while as most every blind squirrel finds an acorn in the dark now and again. Btw, here's maybe an acorn: On that front fairing I'm curious as to why you just have that one big panel laying flat when you cood've done the same as the smaller panels below it and made it into a "V" thereby perhaps gettin' exposed to more solar energy plus in effect maybe even slicin' through the wind better? In any case, it would sure look better IMO.

Ok you win the contest. This thing's so perfectly designed how cood anyone suggest otherwise? Btw, how big is the 'suitcase' this all fits into? Is it like a Stanley Steamer?

scoots

Attention Pride tech tinkers, I own a pride s50lx[…]

I do have a question but I'll make it my second po[…]

Hello everyone, My disability is MS. Pride s50lx[…]

Before we draw any conclusions, it's important to […]