I need something YOU may have.

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By musicnmotionz
Hi All,

does anyone know where I can get a 15 tooth, 5/8" bore sprocket for #25 chain? surpluscenter does not have it.
By robnewyork
theres no such thing because of the wall thickness, when i did a smaller tooth count , i had to have the bore pounched out on a lathe
By musicnmotionz
"when i did a smaller tooth count , i had to have the bore pounched out on a lathe"

Rob....is this something you are able to do still? ;)
By robnewyork
I have a lathe , whether or not ill be able to bore out that gear on a smaller machine, i have no clue..go ahead and send it , there wont be enough wall for a keyway but i suspect that wont matter
By robnewyork
heres the right srocket to bore ( READ ENTIRE REPLY )

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Power-Tran ... 2-15-D.axd
that leaves me having to bore 1/8th or .0625 off the inner wall.( machinist math , reduction of 1/6th on wall = 1/8th bore increase)
My biggest concern is the hardness of the steel..The teeth arent hardened but thats no promise on the shaft.for a better chance of a final reeming pass since i dont have a .625 reemer would be to send along a a 5/8th bit with the sprocket. hell i may even try to punch it with the bit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-8-High-Speed- ... Sw1XdUXkVJ
this is the cheapest one i can find , maybe u have one.. YES, i can do the job with a boring bar but if i need serious torque to make the bore the boring bar aint gonna handle it.
And a reamer is even more. Dont buy the bit , at that rate u may as well get it locally machined ( 25 bux ish)
I guess send it here cheap , ill send it back cheap and we can call it a day.. If i cannot get a cut going on the hardened steel i wont even start and ill just mail it back
By musicnmotionz
Thanks Rob. I may be able to get the engineering department at my hotel to do this. If they can't, I'll send it to you. I bought 2 of those sprockets by sheer guess work a couple days ago. They should be arriving today.
By robnewyork
ok , what bore did u get?? 1/2, 3/8th?? wont matter for punching it out.. let me know , ill email my addy and we can get it done
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]