Only post here if you are in expert in an area and are sure that this is something we MUST know before starting a project!

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By gameboy
Storm
Posted - 12/23/2009 : 17:10:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAIN PITCH:http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/chains.html
The most reliable method for determining scooter chain pitch is to examine three consecutive pin heads and measure the distance between the center of the first and the center of the third head. Divide this measurement by two to get the pitch.

#25 scooter chain is 1/4" pitch.

#35 chain is 3/8" pitch.

All chain counts include both outer AND inner links! For example, a 96-link chain includes 48 outer and 48 inner links (plates).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

gameboy
Posted - 12/23/2009 : 17:27:43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow thanks, i did go a little further though and include this info just incase something happens to monsterscooterparts, yea right.

10.02 KB
#25 Chain (1/4" Pitch):
The most common size of scooter chains used on electric scooters, and also used on many other electric vehicles.

8mm 05T Chain (8mm Pitch, 4.71mm Roller Diameter, 4.61mm Roller Width):
A common size scooter chain used on 2-stroke gas scooters of engine size 52cc and below. Also used on gas pocket bikes, mini choppers, ATVs, go karts, and dirt bikes.

8mm 05B Chain (8mm Pitch, 5mm Roller Diameter, 3mm Roller Width):
Used on gas scooters, gas pocket bikes, mini choppers, ATVs, go karts, and dirt bikes.

#35 Chain (3/8" Pitch):
Used on many gas scooters, gas pocket bikes, mini choppers, ATVs, go karts, and dirt bikes.

#40 Chain (1/2" Pitch): (also known as 410 chain)
This is the standard bicycle chain you knew when you were a kid. It is likewise found on most models of electric bikes.

420 Chain (1/2" Pitch, 5/16" Roller Diameter, 1/4" Roller Width):
Widely used pit bike chain also used on full size gas scooters, motorcycles, ATVs, go karts, and dirt bikes.

428 Chain (1/2" Pitch, 0.335" Roller Diameter, 5/16" Roller Width):
Widely used pit bike chain also used on full size gas scooters, motorcycles, ATVs, go karts, and dirt bikes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

itchynackers
Posted - 12/28/2009 : 03:01:20

A few things I noticed with the link calculator...

1) The "c" dimension in the diagram should be parallel with the center to center line, not parallel with the apparent ground as shown.

2) Also, I couldn't figure out why when I plugged in my specs, I was coming up with 96.9 links (actual is 96). I then realized this program doesn't account for chain stretching. I then tweaked the chain pitch length until I hit 96 links exactly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

timmy2time
Posted - 05/03/2010 : 10:48:45

This is not always correct: "All chain counts include both outer AND inner links! For example, a 96-link chain includes 48 outer and 48 inner links (plates)."

While that may be true when buying from monsterscooterparts.com

If you buy from TNCscooter.com

They only count the Outer Links If you order a 70link chain, you get 70 inner links and 70 outer links. Total 140links; inner and outer.
Re: Bladez 450S XTR s upgrade

the buzzers have audible alarms so there's really […]