If your scooter is faster than 33mph, then post the info and the picss here
this is done at *YOUR OWN RISK* and the forum or its owner is not liable for your injuries.

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By timmy2time

I plan on building a 3speed rear wheel. 3rd gear could be in the 40s -50s depending on the sprocket sizes I use.
By scootthis
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah baby! That's what I'm talkin' about. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. This suckah's still got mojo left too I bet. Tweakin here, tweakin there and pretty soon you be freakin' behind the wheel. lol

Oooooooooo just one little titch howevah. There's that diamond plate leading edge at a 90 degree angle. I'd hate to be the recipient of that thing knifin' my shin! Ooooooooooooooouch! Plus just from a driver error gone drove into a pole safety aspect a glancing impact would be muchosest betta me thinks for you too. If too much hassle, maybe some kind of rubber bumper strip then around it might take some of the 'edge' off ya think? Or viewin' from the seating position maybe just an inverted 'vee' or ovalized cut?

Everything else tho' looks faboo.

scootthis
By timmy2time
scootthis wrote:Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah baby! That's what I'm talkin' about. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. This suckah's still got mojo left too I bet. Tweakin here, tweakin there and pretty soon you be freakin' behind the wheel. lol

Oooooooooo just one little titch howevah. There's that diamond plate leading edge at a 90 degree angle. I'd hate to be the recipient of that thing knifin' my shin! Ooooooooooooooouch! Plus just from a driver error gone drove into a pole.

Everything else tho' looks faboo.

scootthis
Not sure what you mean about the 90 degree angle. I cut off all the 90 degree corners at a 45.
By scootthis
The edge part closer to the frame until it gets to your 45 degree corners. Can't really tell by the pics but it appears that the floor plate is wider than yer forks by a good amount and is a 'square cut' or 90 degrees most of the way.

It's just something that might make a diff in a collision with a chain link fence post, low brick wall end, or somethin' of that nature. Prolly never happen either so no big deal. 8-) I mean this suggestion of mine is definitely ignorable IOW. lol Just tryin to potentially look out fer your safety at 36 mph which in of itself is dang impressive. That's haulin' A.

scootthis
By timmy2time
After I figure out the battery situation and where on the floor,I can cut the floor into a better shape.
By jtotheace
Wow that thing looks great. You must be using LiPo for it right? How are those front suspension forks treating you?
By bassiclyLouDog
so much deck space you could mount them right by the handlebars in another diamond box. You could even put them in a bag under the box for quick swaps/removal. You don't really need to haul anything but the batteries on the scooter with all the trailering you've done. The possibilities are endless.
What about heat? do you have any venting for the controllers under there? Just hungy for some more details. I see you've got some powerpoles. Will this affect your lipo pondering. 35ah is some serious lipo! crap! I think you want a little more than hobby grade stuff. Duribility, it's all over your scooter so a matching battery pack is only fitting. Go with a few DIE HARDs!
By tww
Awesome, yet terrifying. Nice work, looks pretty good. Looks like it needs bigger wheels for stabilization and some aerodynamic mods to make it more slippery. :)
By bassiclyLouDog
why make it more aerodynamic when it already "cuts" through the air?!? wakka wakka wakka!
just to be a further smartypants...is it possible to post in the top speed catergory when it hasn't hit the road yet?!? I think we're all seeing 2000watts of motor and just assuming here...what if it just pops a wheelie and falls over?! is there such a thing as too much power?!?
I know! i know! you already have a 2000watt trailer. I'm just funnin' here.
By timmy2time
It will definitely do what I say it will. Everything I build and gear, I always figure out what the tops speed will be using a speed calculator. Which is algebra.

This other scooter I built I figured 32mph before it hit the road and it hit 33 from what I remember. Frigen thing looks like a nightmare lol

By timmy2time
friedwires wrote:sharpen that leading edge,and you could cut the grass while you ride!

You must be a landscaper with such enthusiasm for cutting grass! lol The scooter has almost a 1ft. ground clearance. The grass would still be too tall.
By tww
Lol timmy! It has the same strap-and-battery-death-trap styling and engineering as mine! I think mine might be more comfortable to ride though...
By bassiclyLouDog
You definatly have some great machines. I like the "motorcycle" it looks more scooter like than I remember. Must be those treads, That thing can haul in the dirt just fine by the looks of it. I like a rough looking build...in fact I ride beat up crap so no one wants to steal it. Even with my dog strapped to my bike I have to lock it up. geesh.
By timmy2time
tww wrote:Lol timmy! It has the same strap-and-battery-death-trap styling and engineering as mine! I think mine might be more comfortable to ride though...

Yup! lol...great minds think alike. Before I built this scooter I had an artist draw it up first. I said I wanted the "death trap look" So I built it exactly as he drew it with the strapped down car batteries close enough to your face for when they explode. lol

This thing was pretty relaxing to drive but only the padding to sit on. My tail bone hurt after a while. Weird around turns. Most scooters and bicycles, when leaned to one side, the front wheel turns but when leaning this thing, and trying to turn,it wanted to go straight.

I eventually pulled the motors and everything and built a push trailer for my bicycle using them.
By timmy2time
bassiclyLouDog wrote:You definatly have some great machines. I like the "motorcycle" it looks more scooter like than I remember. Must be those treads, That thing can haul in the dirt just fine by the looks of it. I like a rough looking build...in fact I ride beat up crap so no one wants to steal it. Even with my dog strapped to my bike I have to lock it up. geesh.

Actually, I think the one I recently made would be better for going off road. it has great ground clearance and suspension. This old one only has about 2-3inch ground clearance. It would go great in dirt though if the dirt was flat. Heck it did great in the snow! I used to pull my kids and their cousins on their sleds!
By bassiclyLouDog
sounds like off roading to me! :)
I thought about hooking the 650 up to the 100amp controller just for that purpose, but I think it'd be too much for the little motor. Maybe if my daughter pulled the neighber girl it's work.
8mm (T8F) rear wheel sprocket

Looking for a >90T and <10 in. outside diam[…]