Anything that relates to scooters & general forum updates

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

Hi, thank you! :D I have extended it so I could fit in more batteries. It can fit 4 now with the controller which means 48 Volts! I was thinking 1000 Watt motor too. It has pretty much cost me nothing to make so far as I've had alot of stuff lying around :) . Might have to wait to buy the new motor. I was thinking this one:

http://www.funbikes.co.uk/Powerboard_Scooter_48_Volt_1000_Watt_Electric_Motor(5116).aspx

And this

http://www.funbikes.co.uk/Powerboard_Scooter_Control_Box_48V_1000_Watt(4838).aspx

What do you think?
Hi all.
Had some time off due to lack of money.
Hopefully buying the new motor and batteries this week.
Will post some pictures!

Basically box is complete and painted. Looks a bit ragged so might smooth it a bit but not straight away. Bit is on and does fit 4 batteries and a controller in it.

To be continued
Motor brought. Batteries in the next couple of weeks. Need a rotary switch volt metre, couple if switched and such. And the controller. Will the throttle leaver still work? I'm thinking it should do. Hopefully that picture upload works too.

Right so the motor came today. Its bigger then I thought...

ImageBanana for scale

Heres some picture with the deck on also:

Compare 12V 350W with 48V 1000W:

One with the deck off:

So the stand had to go:

Motor on:

I had to lower it with some wood spacers which isn't ideal really but will do.
Hello all. So the controller and batteries are in. Need a new volt metre which is no problem.

Is there anyway to get my throttle to work with my new controller? Its the original e300 throttle. With 4 pins. The controller take three pins. :/

Any help would be appreciated :)
I think you should have gotten a few miles from it. Are the batteries new? Did you fully charge them? What was the voltage? Was it a half mile going up a steap hill? Were you full throttle the whole time? So it only lasted a few minutes?

Hi Waxmonkee! Wow, where to start? I'm new to […]