TOYMASTERS of RED BANK, Inc.
TOLL-FREE (877) 456-8697
Razor, Peg Perego, Little Tikes, Safety First and more Parts and Service.
ONLY $6.99 shipping on all orders to lower 48 States
RedBankToys.com

Return to All General Discussion

Upgrade Razor e100?

Anything that relates to scooters & general forum updates

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

Upgrade Razor e100?

Postby Quintus » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:37 pm

So, just found a Razor e100 scooter by the garbage can of a neighbor. Tab on thumb throttle was broken and of course no charging cord. But free is free so no complaints. The thing basically looks new- ordered the charger and a twist throttle that replaced the thumb tab type. But here's my question, I want to know if I can upgrade the scooter to a 250W motor or larger and if so, can I just use e300 parts (I'm pretty sure mine is a series 1 and it is indeed belt drive- there was no stamp or sticker under the deck or in the battery compartment? Could I just change to the e300 parts- the rear tire, chain, motor, and maybe a motor controller??? plus some larger batteries??? Not sure if the chassis is compatible or not as I've never even seen the e300 types. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Quintus
Quintus

Re: Upgrade Razor e100?

Postby bassiclyLouDog » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:28 am

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=742&p=4072&hilit=150#p4072

this post is from a guy who welded some brackets to his tiny razor. If you look up the user Storm he uses lipo packs...I believe he's getting into a brushless motor setup as well. I don't know what your budget or skill level is, but being the scooter is so tiny I would seriously look into at least a brushless motor if not alternitive batteries. I have a 300 and it is a crampped building platform. IMO the only way to setup a 300 is with 2 motors! I'll never go back!...for your build a small brusless motor would blow your doors off! with the right tires you could get speeds in the 20's easy.
It's not the speed, it's the impact.
bassiclyLouDog

Postby rybitski » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Hey Quintus, I think I have replied to some of your other posts recently. I also found my first electric scooter in the dumpster, mine was an E150 so slightly different. The E300 wheels are way too big and the E 200 wheel fits on the back with a little effort. You have to remove the band brake housing and trim a frame support for the chain path. The page Lou linked to is mine so maybe you will get some ideas of what is involved from looking at those pictures. I will be honest tho it is not a plug and play endevour. Without welding I'm not sure how you would accomplish your goal.. Here are some pictures of my recent upgrade to an E200 rear wheel.
hope this helps some.
rybitski
Battery Boiler

Postby bassiclyLouDog » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 pm

how does the roller clutch work for you?! and how do you stop....oh wait! front paddles! I forgot. so that's like a 15t motor sprocket?! how much heat do you get on the motor? I'd love to see a vid of this thing in action.
bassiclyLouDog

Postby rybitski » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:32 pm

no issues from the roller clutch, it is actually nice to have (makes kick starting easier). Here is a quick video with my friend ridding it:
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285 ... 29_875.mp4
Sorry it is so short but it is all I have right now. this is before I added the bigger rear wheel.
rybitski
Battery Boiler

Postby bassiclyLouDog » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:51 am

something's better than nothing. I don't want to sound stupid..or jack this guy's thread, but I've always wondered how those roller clutches work. I guess you kick start it until you get going and the chain jumps into gear? how do you disengage? all of my scoots have free wheels so I'm already used to coasting. this info my help our friend out in his build.I've heard having no freewheel is a pain.
bassiclyLouDog

Postby rybitski » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:00 pm

the roller clutch functions the same as a freewheel. The internals are just different.
rybitski
Battery Boiler

Postby CoolDad » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:24 am

Hey guys, I just joined this forum and found this thread (ironically after posting that I couldn't find anything). So are you guys saying that the E200 rear wheel is too big to fit the E100 unless you modify the frame? If so, that sucks.

I was hoping to just get the E100 going a 'touch' faster by way of upgrading it to E200 parts, including the controller, motor, rear wheel / tire.
CoolDad

Return to All General Discussion