Need new motors? break a chain? brakes not work? swapping out pinions or sprockets?

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By Quinc
From what I have read a 750 will drop right in. You can also go to 1000w+ but have to make some modifications to make it fit.

What are you goals? Top speed or more torque? If you just want a little more speed and are riding on flat grass or pavement, you can add another battery and pick up another 3-5mph.
By noahmercier
go to a 750 watt motor, add a 12v 12ah battery, and a 36v 40-50a controller. End result should be 22-25mph (depending on weight) with nice torque.
By Quinc
noahmercier wrote:go to a 750 watt motor, add a 12v 12ah battery, and a 36v 40-50a controller. End result should be 22-25mph (depending on weight) with nice torque.
Can you post a link to the 50a controllers? I need to get one for my mx650. :)
By Quinc
I'd like to get something I can use on a larger motor later. I am thinking about the YK 200amp-ish controller for 35$ shipped from China. Something I can use later on my industrial leeson . :mrgreen:
By HubbaBubbaDenCo
Yea, looking at search results for a SX500, it does look like the same frame as the MX500 / MX650 but with same size front & rear wheels instead of the larger front wheel and different body graphics.
http://www.razor.com/products/dirt/sx500-mcgrath/

So with that, this is a 36V system, so adding a 4th battery should be a simple 1st upgrade and same & guessing without measurements the same motors for the MX500 - 650 would work.

According to Monster Scooter this is the same motor that is in the MX500 so I think that conforms this ?!?
Re: Bladez 450S XTR s upgrade

I, too, was considering a metal barrier. Was also[…]

I need more range and intend to add a extra set […]

that was a fairly detailed how-to, thanks for shar[…]

welcome to the forum!