Need new motors? break a chain? brakes not work? swapping out pinions or sprockets?

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By irataxy
Hello,

I have bought 2 e300s recently ($5 and $30) and was able to salvage the motors, controllers, and throttles. On one, I had to open the motor and align the magnets back into their chutes with some string. I then pulled out the string after clamping it closed. It works, hope it stays that way.

Anyway, I want to know if I can use these motors in forward and reverse? If so, can somebody please point me to a low cost controller that supports both directions, and ideally, variable speed control? This is for a paddle boat project.

Thanks!
By zen_racer
irataxy wrote:Anyway, I want to know if I can use these motors in forward and reverse? If so, can somebody please point me to a low cost controller that supports both directions, and ideally, variable speed control?

yes the motors can run both ways... what voltage are you planning and what's your budget for the controller?
By irataxy
Thanks for the replies!

I am keeping everything at 24V. I would like to go as low cost as possible (around $20 for controller and throttle). Ideally, I would like a controller/throttle pair to minimize purchases, but will buy separately if people have used both successfully together.

Do those controllers posted do variable speed in both directions? Sorry for the newbie questions!
By irataxy
robnewyork wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Momentary-Motor-polarity-reverse-reversing-Rocker-switch-control-DPDT-12v-/301847190612?hash=item46477e9c54:g:TWYAAOSwa-dWmOCL&vxp=mtr

cheaper , just add plastic connectors

That looks sweet. Will it work for 24V? Also, is it On/Off/Reverse ? I'd like to find always On, push and hold for reverse.
By robnewyork
the one sold for 50 cant be 30 amps at 24 v.. the one i found is 10amps at 24v it says on the side..a button switch simply isnt normally high amperage
By robnewyork
id say u need 30 but im guessing since the commercially available one is not 30 amp , that the one u listed would work.. U just need to make ur own wires and connections
By robnewyork
i dont recall.. i know the controller is 30 amp and that controls the max.. yes, putting a fuse in line with the switch may save it, i dont think the battery fuse will save the switch
8mm (T8F) rear wheel sprocket

Looking for a >90T and <10 in. outside diam[…]