Need new motors? break a chain? brakes not work? swapping out pinions or sprockets?

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By E300
I use these (found them without rims for $10 ea). I've easily put over 1000 miles on them at 10-30 mph and they wear pretty well. I had to shave a little out of the inside "bead" with a razor blade to make them clamp nicely between my rim halves but they cut really easily. I commute and getting a flat on the way home at night got really old. Plus the air tires didn't hold up well at high speeds after a lot of miles. Ride and weight are pretty similar to a pumped up tubed tire I'd say. ... rkt%3D1%26
By E300
That's a good point. They did slip a little on really steep hills if I gave it too much throttle all at once, but they had to be really steep. I ran a yk43b for a bit and I drilled the rims and ran 4 screws all the way through the tire and out the other side (scooter beadlocks?) and then it would just wheelie. I took the yk off, it was just too much.
By whiteggs
I am now using this foam filled tire -
10 x 3 in. (3.00-4) Primo Durotrap Foam Filled Wheelchair/Scooter Tire (F056-1 - Bead Width 2 5/8")

Good fit - no modifications needed, more than​ 500 miles and threads are barely worn out. I don't notice any slippage and it's made of nylon :!: :?:
By E300
After my scooter got faster (over 30 mph) I ended up overheating my foam tires and they would basically turn to mush. If I stopped it would "go flat" and turn into a squarish shape. I ended up going with 4 ply tires (as opposed to the 2 ply the E300 came with) and they seem to hold up really well with no flats yet. They feel a lot more balanced and like a "real" tire, just tiny. Only about $18 shipped on Amazon. I run a 4 ply scooter tire on the front and a 4 ply go cart "slick" on the rear since the scooter tire would spin a little when I took off. I loved the flat free tires for over a year, but after I modified further and started approaching 35 mph they just didn't work anymore. Plus the air filled locks the bead and I can pull wheelies again and add a wheelie bar (which is obviously very serious, responsible and critical).
By E300
Thanks Rob. It's a 1600 watt 48 volt brushless that's supposed to be 4800 rpm. I use a 50 amp, 130 cell lithium pack. My previous 1000 watt motor fit under the frame after I modified it a little bit but it would occasionally be under water in rain storms so I mounted this one up on top.

The gearing's 11 to 44 which is supposed to be about 37 mph with my tire measuring 10.25. Of course that's in a perfect world.

With both tires a little soft (to help the ride) and a 9 3/4" rear, I hit 31-32 on gps.

With the bigger rear (and both pumped up a little firmer) my friend's motorcycle clocked me at 35, but I might have been a little shy of that. Hard to trust speedometers.

I'm only 150 pounds and it seems to go the same speed down hill as it does on level ground, so I think the gearing's pretty good for this motor and me. I keep the bearings pretty well oiled but they must have a few thousand miles on them by now, and I'm thing about upgrading them. I know higher quality bearings made a big difference on my roller blades in the 90's!

It's pretty much my main way to get around lately and with the fat rear tire, I can just hit the "throttle" and it wheelies a little and gets out in front of all the bicycles and I'm gone.

I'm wearing out the little brake pads though. I buy used bicycle components pretty cheap, so that helps.
By E300
I don't know much about it other than it's sold by the same seller on Alibaba as the motor was and it's sold as a "1500/1600 watt 48 volt brushless controller" rated for 40 amps continuous. It says "JPK-01 48 volt" on the label.

I couldn't open my Alibaba page to look any more up on it. I'll try again later.

I was really curious about the speed so I ran twice in opposite directions when I went 31-32 on GPS to cancel out any grade or wind or whatever. It's a really torquey motor at take off. I had a 1000 watt 36 volt running on 48 volts (so 1330 watts?) with a 30 amp controller for the last couple years and this has noticeably more power but I wouldn't describe it as way, way more. I burned up the 1000 watt climbing a hill I shouldn't have climbed. This brushless seems like it would effortlessly climb up a wall even with the 1 to 4 gearing.

I ride 6-12 miles a day so range is pretty important (and a lithium battery). I burned up a few motors, controllers and tires trying to figure out a good combo and I really like this balance of speed, range, hill climbing and reliability.

I think I paid 160? shipped from China for the motor and controller.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]