Need new motors? break a chain? brakes not work? swapping out pinions or sprockets?

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By robnewyork
2 part answer
the gear set is made to handle the 250-350 wattt range, and you should never need the gear reduction on a 1000 watt.. were i building a quad id do the 1000 watt motor straight chained to the back gear, and a 50 plus amp controller
By zogthegreat
Thanks rob,

BTW, what is the chain size on the Quad? I noticed that it's bigger and thicker than the #25. I was going to use some #25 chain that I have, (I also have a couple of #25 sprockets that fit on the Quads sprocket mount). Will the #25 be OK?

Also, do you know where I can get some bushings for the front tie rods? The one's on mine are very lose.

By robnewyork
dont know about the bushings, i think the chain is tf8 or bike chain.. ( not sure ) if you are changing all the sprockets, 25 will work but it wont work with the stock sprockets.
By Laundrydude
For bushings and rod ends I go to McMaster Carr website. If the chain is the same pitch as 25 but thicker, it could be extra heavy 25. As far as the gear motor I put on a 36v 1000w controller from eBay and it goes about 12mph and has good power for my kids (60lbs and 120lbs). I want to find or put together a 24v 500 watt gear motor instead of the 350.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]