Need new motors? break a chain? brakes not work? swapping out pinions or sprockets?

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

So i was looking at playing with a 750w 24v motor given i have spare battery voltage in my daily commuter.
I currently have a MY1020 Unite 500w motor in my e300 and was looking at a little more torque for the uphills which i can sacrifice some battery storage given i am around 3.81v per cell when i get home from my dual 16AH multistar LiPo packs (32AH) running at 24v.

The link below for a supplier in Australia that says the (XYD-13, XYD-6D) 450w motor is same as the 1000w variant and just re-stickered by the Asian resellers, he got this straight from the manufacturer. Can anyone comment, looked at the graph for the motor and couldn't quite read it.

Can anyone comment on this for me please??
https://www.motiondynamics.com.au/xyd-6 ... et-en.html

Cheerz,
Dave.

The link is a 24v 450w motor. If you overvolt to 36v you would need a 36v 900w controller to push the motor. When overvolting wattage goes up, but it's still a 450w motor. You could overvolt and gear down for same speed and gain torque.
My understanding and math could be off, but isn't a 28amp 24v motor 500w with 75% efficiency?? All the 750 XYD motors say 28amp.

(28 x 24) x .75 = 504w
(28 x 36) x .75 = 756w
(28 x 48) x .75 = 1000w

Or is it the fact it can take 36v and 48v??
So a 24v 750w motor should have higher amps?
your math is right.. But your skipping a basic premise.. IF you take a 24 v 450 watt motor, and double volt it for 48v , is that motor now rated at 900watt?? IF you take a 900 watt 24 v motor at 12volts is it now RATED as a 450 watt motor?? the answer is NO>> Hes assserting the fact that motors can be overvolted , we already knew that.. But running a smaller motor at high voltage doesnt change the windings, the commutator , or the size of the brushes.. What the motor is designed to run sustained for 168hrs per week has not changed just becuase you say it can be overvolted to result in a higher wattage.. If this were the case, wed all just buy the razor e100 motor and run it at 3000 watts and be happy with out 24 dollar motor.
So current controller is limited to 30amps.. if I got a YK43B the controller would spit more amps at the motor. Motor is rated to 27.6, thought that as much as it would consume??

If that's true I could. Ha he controllers and also change rear sprocket from 55t to something s little small for a smudge more top speed. Be nice to do go from 15mph ish to around 18-90, particular if I can get more torque to offset the change in gearing!

Anyone if ever fitted a rear derailleur??
so the Speed controllers is designed to delivery X amounts of amps, some 100 some 30. Is it the fact the YK43B can throw 100amps at my little motor which is what fry's it.. so i need the controller to limit the amount of amps that can be deliveryed. The motor says its rated to 27amps or there about..

Can you go into more details for about the motor / Speed controller relationship??

Thnx
veggysaurus wrote:got a link to the Mini YK43B.. I can't seem to find much using various combos of the following words: Yiyun 24v Speed controller 55 amps mini YK43B
Same for google.. internet searching fails.
what motor is this going on , heres the link.. Im not even sure what ur building so this may be a bad idea.. this is the mini yk43

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-60V-500W-15 ... 8i&vxp=mtr
veggysaurus wrote:so the Speed controllers is designed to delivery X amounts of amps, some 100 some 30. Is it the fact the YK43B can throw 100amps at my little motor which is what fry's it.. so i need the controller to limit the amount of amps that can be deliveryed. The motor says its rated to 27amps or there about..

Can you go into more details for about the motor / Speed controller relationship??

Thnx

like u said , the controller is a choke point for amps ( not volts) so the motor doesnt kill itself or drain the batteries extremely fast.. Its a funnel.. pretty simple.. a 30 amp controller can only peak 30 amps , even if the motor is rated at 400 amps and 20 hp
yeh i have seen those Kelly controllers, very very nice, but not the space under my deck alas.
I'm going to have a chat with the guys at work and get the controller on one of the scopes.
I'll mod the current board i've got with a 1 ohm tripot and bypass the standard shunt on the YK31C.
I should be able to adjust the tripod and dial in the correct amount of amps. without going nuts and nuking the motor.

If it all fails i'll get one of those mini controllers you linked.

What sort of damage does excess amps do to the motors, assuming things start getting hot? anything to watch out for?
I do have a laser ThermoSensor so can check how hot things get. haha
you mentioned 100 amps on short trips and 40 for long.
well, id get the mini yk43b no matter what.. 45 amps aint gonna nuke the motor unless its already damaged.. Heat is always the indication the motor is about to go.. especially when its literally too hot to touch.. Moderate heat is acceptable.. Modding the 31 will yeild some results, but long term the controller will just blow smoke eventually, and likely while ur riding .. NO warning .. So id rather have the mini yk43 for 31 bux from china and atleast were the motor to get hot u have warning.. the shunt mods rarely work out for more than a week or 3.
what the heat does is simple.. It burns up the insulation on the coils , its supposed to be rated high ( like the industrials ) but its not , its a chinese blend that will fry at pretty low temps.. ( compared to an industrial)..
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]