I want to go faster.

Moderators: robnewyork, bassiclyLouDog, gameboy

By Heavyman
A lot of people are posting looking for help on speeding up their scooter, I would like that too, but how do I do that considering I weigh 230lb. Right now my stock scooter barely moves with me on it. What's the best way to boost the speed and the power so that I can ride on gentle hills while I commute to work (about 2 miles)?
By rhyoo
on budget option: bigger sla battery 48v total, 36v 800w motor, higher amp controller (yk43b or mini yk43)
higher budget with better performance : lipo battery system, brushless motor, programmable controller

When you said best way, I was assuming performance wise with no limited budget....that way I could give you advice going lipo or lion battery system 16s which equal 60v, slap some boma outrunner brushless motor 60v 2000w, kelly programmable controller. This should give you a scary fast 40+mph with correct mod. But if this is your first time modding, i don't think you'll going this route. Especially you just aiming 2 miles trip.

What's your budget? do you have any access to fabricate or some welding? 2 miles range isn't hard to achieve. Once you tell us these thing we can see what option you have.

Rio
Modding someone's throwaway e300

cut off kick stand, cut tray supports for reweldin[…]

Ty Rod IV Project

Noah you alive?! How goes the projects?

Noah! You ever finish this thing? :geek:

Modifying E300 for A 230lb Guy

You orta see what I did to mine. I'm 260 and final[…]